Who: 5th and 6th Grade Boys
When: Thursday, Nov. 15 and Friday, Nov. 16
Time: 3:00 – 4:00 PM (Thu.) and 1:30 – 2:30 PM (Fri.)
Where: Camarena Basketball Courts
All the 6th graders performed Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” in a flash mob this morning. It was awesome! Click on the link for the video. Enjoy!
Día de los Muertos
To celebrate the Day of the Dead, we will create memory boxes in honor of loved ones that have passed. I would like your child to make their own memory box using a shoe box. This box represents a space to display all of the wonderful things that remind them of the loved one. They can include photos, candles, flowers, sweets, and of course, some of their favorite foods. Your child will be sharing their box with their classmates!
To create their memory box, they will need:
- A shoe box (any size)
- Wrapping paper to cover the box
- Photos of their loved one
- Things that their loved one enjoyed
- Candles or flowers
Please turn in the box on Thursday, November 1st. This project is instead of homework this week!
Students gathered today for an assembly to hear from the wife of Enrique Camarena and several law enforcement agencies about the importance of staying drug free.
HISTORY OF RED RIBBON WEEK:
- In 1985, DEA Special Agent Enrique “Kiki” Camarena died during an effort to prevent drug trafficking between Mexico and the United States. Shortly after Kiki’s death, Congressman Duncan Hunter and Kiki’s high school friend Henry Lozano launched “Camarena Clubs” in Kiki’s hometown of Calexico, California. Hundreds of club members pledged to lead drug-free lives to honor the sacrifice made by Kiki Camarena.
|Monday, October 22
Red Ribbon Week begins!
Crazy Sock Day
Tuesday, October 23
Crazy Hair Day!
Wednesday, October 24
Wear Red Panoramic Picture!
Thursday, October 25
School Spirit Wear!
Friday, October 26
8:30 Costume Parade
Time for an engineering challenge. Students are programming servos and creating a 3D model to solve some of the following challenges:
1. Design a creative reminder for the whole family to turn off electronics when they’re not using them.
2. Design a parking structure that can help hybrid cars fuel up and minimize congestion.
3. Design a model to show where geothermal energy can be used in the hotel.
4. Design a playground using wind energy and eco-friendly materials which will allow the kids to play safely outside.