Your child was given a copy of the conference form we reviewed during parent-teacher conferences. You may keep it at home. I have made a copy for our records here at school. Enjoy this Fall break with your loved ones. School resumes on Tuesday, October 9th with a full day schedule.
- Begins 9/18/18
- Ends 10/12/18
- Delivery 11/14/18 @ 1:30 pm
- Butter Braid frozen pastry dough is sold exclusively through fundraising. You will never find it sold online or in stores.
- Butter Braid pastries have been manufactured for 20 years by Country Maid, Inc. in West bend, Iowa.
- Ingredients are all fresh and every pastry is hand-braided and then flash frozen to 20 degrees below zero.
- Butter Braid pastries are a frozen pastry dough product. You have a 3 hour window to get them into your freezer after delivery. Never put a Butter Braid pastry in the refrigerator – only the freezer.
- There are 5 flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Cream Cheese, Strawberry Cream Cheese, and Four Cheese and Herb with marinara dipping sauce.
- Each pastry sells for $14 except the Four Cheese and Herb which sells for $15.
- Students earn a profit of $6 for each pastry sold.
- Collect money at the time of sale
- Additional order forms are available from 6th grade teachers.
Thank you parents for donating your time and/or money to make our 6th grade pizza booth a success. We will use those funds to help defray the costs of 6th grade camp. The students also performed marvelously yesterday. They are all so talented.
Our pizza fundraiser is this Friday during the Fiesta Mexicana here at Camarena from 2:30 to 5:30 pm. We will be selling Little Ceasars pizza. Can you please send your $5, $10, $15, or $20 donation to school by this Thursday, September 13. We will need one parent to make a pizza run to Little Ceasars to pick up all the pizzas. Proceeds from the fundraiser will be used to offset the cost of 6th grade camp for all 6th grade students. Thank you so much for your generosity and willingness to help.
We also need volunteers to help sell pizzas during the following shifts:
2:30- 3:00; 3:00 – 3:30; 3:30 – 4:00; 4:00 – 4:30; 4:30 – 5:00; and 5:00 – 5:30. Please email Mr. Morales at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for one of the available time slots.
Monday, September 10 is our annual Grandparents Day celebration from 7:30-8:30 AM in the Multi-Purpose Room. Let’s take some time to honor our Camarena grandparents. Let’s appreciate all the joy and wisdom that grandparents bring to our lives!
WHY DO WE CELEBRATE GRANDPARENTS DAY?
The History of Grandparents Day
Marian McQuade hoped to establish a national day that would honor grandparents, and in 1970 she began a campaign to do so. McQuade raised awareness about senior citizens throughout the 1970s. In 1978, President Jimmy Carter declared the first Sunday after Labor Day to be National Grandparents Day. Each year, the president issues a proclamation to keep the tradition going.
Congratulations to this month’s award winners. We are very proud of their achievements.
Mason Little – Honor Roll
Lily Bertrand – Achievement
Cynthia Perez – Personal Success
Gabriel Tapia – Character
Parent-Teacher conferences will be taking place between 9/13-20 from 1:30 to 4:30 pm. Please use the link below to sign up for your conference. Thank you.